Tuesday, September 29, 2009

We Run for Carlos

Carlos is 17yrs old - he was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia when he was 12:

... I underwent three more years of treatment. Throughout this process, I had about two dozen spinal taps, several dozen blood draws, about 50 chemotherapy infusions, I lost my hair four times, I came to a point where I vomited up to 7 times per day, and I was hospitalized A LOT. My family, friends, and teachers were incredibly supportive of me, for which I have much to thank.

I’m currently completely off of treatment! I’m a healthy junior in high school who enjoys biking, designing for yearbook, reading, and refereeing. Because of astonishing people like you, cancer survivors like me have so much to be thankful for. The effort you put into accomplishing your milestones is incredible, and has taught me a great deal about facing challenges in my life. Thank you so much for doing what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment