Saturday, July 11, 2009

PR 10mi

Excellent progress! This morning we ran 10mi along the Guadalupe trail through downtown San Jose. I took the run seriously, planning my pace, thinking about nutrition and hydration just as I would for the events I'm going to run. And I'm delighted to report that I ran close to 9min miles on average, completing 10mi in 1hr30min44sec. This is a personal record (PR) run for me - I've never run 10mi that fast before. Its also a sub-2 hour 1/2 marathon pace / sub-4 hour marathon pace. I finished strong, so I'm confident that I could have completed 13.1mi in less than 2 hours. I'm closing-in on my 1/2 marathon target still with a couple of months to go. I'm very pleased with how Team In Training is going. Two months ago I could barely run 3mi at a 10min pace let alone 10mi at 9min pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment