Saturday, July 4, 2009

31mi week

What a great week of running! Started off Independence Day / ended the week meeting five of my training partners for a pleasant 6.5mi morning run in Los Gatos. I was feeling so good this week that I ran TWO TIMES on Thursday - a fast 4mi run at 7am in Campbell, then an easy-paced 5mi run at Rancho San Antonio at 6pm on the same day. Speed training on Tuesday night at the track, in the heat, was grueling but I'm sure will pay off.

My training now includes a mix of hills, speed and distance, to enable me to slowly increase my pace and sustain it longer. On Thursday morning we ran 4mi at close to my half marathon pace. It was hard and I could not have sustained that for 13mi. But give me a few more weeks and I will be able!

Total distance for the week: almost 31 miles! I'll try to maintain this weekly distance, to slowly strip-off the extra pounds.

A few times this week I experienced that runner's high - when you feel strong; you feel you could run indefinitely. It's a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment