Sunday, October 11, 2009

Run for Your Life 10k

The SF Full Marathon is 1wk away. Like everyone on our team, I've been tapering the distance over the last week or so - allows the body to recover from training in advance of the race. However it's good training to include short, fast runs during the taper. So I ran the "Run for Your Life" 10k around Stanford University campus, in support of Stanford Hospital Emergency Medicine.

Fastest 10k of the season for me: 48:30. A 10k is 6.22mi, so this finish time corresponds to 7:48 min/mile. My 1/2 marathon pace last Sunday was 8:15 min/mi.

I ran this race in honor of my good friend Rob who was recently diagnosed. I learned of his battle just this past week. Fortunately the prognosis is excellent. In addition he has a super attitude - will kick his cancer's butt. Rob - today's PR was for you and I'll be thinking of you when I have to dig deep around mile 22 or so next Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment