Thursday, October 15, 2009

3 Days to My First Marathon!

Following 5m of training, my target time of 3:59:59 is within reach - challenging but feasible. Over the last 5m I've dropped 20lbs, taken 4" off of my waist, and definitely increased running speed and endurance. 2wks ago I finished the San Jose Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon in a personal best time of 1:47:58 beating my target time by 2min and last year's time by 22min! Last week I ran a 10k also in a personal best time of 48:30. And thanks to generous donations I met my summer fundraising goal of $2,500. Thank you!

This Sunday I'll be running in honor of: Dad, Tia Maritza, Tia Teresa, Ana, Edward F, Kristin, Mom, Wayne, Rob, Keith, Doug, Carlos, Leah, Jack, Patti, Mike, Ellen, Todd

I can't think of a better city in which to be running my first marathon, better people with which to run it, or for any better a cause. Thanks TNT!

No comments:

Post a Comment