Thursday, August 13, 2009

49:33 6mi Campbell Park

Training for both a 1/2 and a Full marathon requires improving both speed and endurance. On Tuesday evenings at our track work-out, and on Thursday mornings during our 'buddy' runs, I work on speed.

This morning was a new milestone. I finished our usual Thursday AM 6mi buddy run in 49m:33s - first time under 50min. That's 8:16 per mile pace, and pretty close to my required pace if I'm to beat 1h:50min for the 1/2. While I celebrate the accomplishment, I also note that it wasn't an easy run, and I don't think I could have sustained the pace for another 7mi. So, I'm getting there, but with less than 2m to go if I were to run the 1/2 today I probably wouldn't break 1:50.

But it feels really, really good to be making steady progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment