Saturday, February 27, 2010

7d to Napa!

What a great winter season training!

My TNT participants were extraordinary - three of them completed half marathons for the first time ever, and the fourth completed her ninth!! All punched through their fundraising goals.

As for me - fundraising is done and the Napa Valley Marathon is just 1wk away. I've dropped a heap more weight this winter and recently set a personal best time over 13.1mi. But the most important result this winter has been confidence in the last miles of long runs. I learned to achieve "negative splits" - running each mile a little faster than the previous even over 18mi. I have a good combination of strength and endurance - can endure over the marathon distance, and can engage my legs to achieve fast final miles.

Sub-4hrs is within reach, and I'm excited!

1 comment:

  1. I'm running Napa this weekend too. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete